Wireless Communications, Inc.
Summary: The role of the Installer is to install Motorola Two-Way radio equipment in mobile applications as well as structural applications. The candidate should have a stable work history, mechanical and electrical aptitude, willingness to learn new skills, and be a team player. Individuals with construction/ mechanical experience are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time position with a highly reputable company. A full range of benefits is offered as part of this position.
Salary: $29-$35/hour depending upon experience and certifications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of communications and support equipment in a professional manner, consistent with industry best practices and customer requirements.
- Prepare work tickets, material requests, warranty paperwork and various paperwork associated with the job.
- Participate in team projects.
- Routine performance testing to check and adjust various system signal levels.
- Obtain R56 Certification.
- Perform various activities associated with the company service vehicle, such as, but not limited to, installing test equipment, maintaining parts supply and scheduling required vehicle maintenance service.
- Verifying that safety practices are adhered to at all times.
- Verifying that all work performed conforms to industry guidelines, best practices and R-56 Standards.
- Interface with the Service Manager to satisfy and resolve technically difficult service problems.
- Coordinate Wireless, Customer and Motorola resources to resolve equipment issues.
- Communicate and meet with customer representatives to insure quality service and response times to provide best in class customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to follow directions, both written and verbal
- Supports co-workers and builds positive working relationships with all team members
- Mechanical and/or Electrical aptitude, understand and demonstrated ability to use hand tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of 12 volts DC, understand and demonstrate the use of Volt Ohm Meter (VOM) preferred
- Experience installing 12vdc equipment in vehicles preferred
- A plus to have experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Customer service training and/or experience is beneficial.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents, schematics and manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly, monthly deadlines.
- Ability to locate remote customer equipment sites and follow safe working procedures at all times.
- Technical troubleshooting and resolution skills/experience preferred.
- Competency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other field service personnel.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Ability to work independently and operate effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude and desire to learn.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass and maintain background checks and security clearances that may be required to carry out job duties.
Communications; Commitment to change; Continuous Self-Improvement; Customer relations; Problem solving/Decision making; Role model; High level of honesty and integrity; Team work; Human rights; Cultural sensitivity.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Routine 8 hour shift; may be subject to irregular hours (some overtime may be required) based on departmental demands.
- Able to climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
- Able to work outside in extreme weather conditions (temperature variations)
- Able to work in tight spaces
- Ability to lift 25 – 100 lbs. or more and the pushing and pulling of carts and products if necessary.
- Visual and auditory acuity sufficient to read, view and hear materials, test equipment and telephones.
- Possess a clean driving record and a valid US driver’s license.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org