Wireless Communications, Inc.
Summary: The role of the Field Service Technician is to repair, maintain, modify, program, install, train and consult on communications equipment, systems and networks in a Wireless Service Center, field or customer location. The FST will troubleshoot equipment, systems and networks to determine point of failure, discuss operations and issues with customer personnel to determine approved approach and schedule for various activities/solutions.
Salary: $29-$35/hour depending upon experience and certifications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of communications and support equipment in a professional manner, consistent with industry best practices and customer requirements.
- Debugging systems and networks after installation and/or updates.
- Prepare work tickets, material requests, warranty paperwork and various paperwork associated with the job.
- Perform in a leadership role with lower level technicians when participating in team projects.
- Routine performance testing to check and adjust various system signal levels.
- Perform various activities associated with the company service vehicle, such as, but not limited to, installing test equipment, maintaining parts supply and scheduling required vehicle maintenance service.
- Verifying that safety practices are adhered to at all times.
- Verifying that all work performed conforms to industry guidelines, best practices and R-56 Standards.
- Interface with the Service Manager to satisfy and resolve technically difficult service problems.
- Coordinate Wireless and Motorola resources to resolve equipment, system and network issues.
- Communicate and meet with customer representatives to ensure quality service and response times to provide best in class customer service.
- Commitment to the mission and core values of Wireless Communications, Inc.
- Will be required to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; College degree is preferred.
- Related field experience is beneficial and preferred.
- CET certification or Electrical/Electronics post High School degree is preferred.
- Additional RF and two-way radio networking certifications and experience are beneficial and preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2 to 3 years’ experience troubleshooting radio and communications equipment preferred.
- Familiar with the use of industry standard RF electronics test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Watt Meters, TIMS sets, CPS, RSS, Antenna Systems Analyzers (FDRs), T1 test sets, and Digital Voltmeters preferred.
- Knowledge of audio, RF, analog, digital and microprocessor electronics found in communications networks preferred.
- Knowledge/Experience in the configuration and testing of two‐way radio infrastructure and subscriber products preferred.
- Good understanding of Motorola and SmartZone systems concepts preferred.
- Knowledge/Experience in the configuration and testing of channel banks, routers, hubs, and switches preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, schematics, and manuals.
- Technical troubleshooting and resolution skills/experience.
- Ability to locate remote customer equipment sites and follow safe working procedures at all times.
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent customer-service attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other field service and office personnel.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Ability to work independently and operate effectively and professionally under pressure.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude and desire to learn.
- Ability to meet company and project schedules consistently.
Communications; Commitment to change; Continuous Self-Improvement; Customer relations; Problem solving/Decision making; Role model; High level of honesty and integrity; Team work; Human rights; Cultural sensitivity.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Routine 8 hour shift; may be subject to irregular hours (some overtime may be required)
- Ability to lift 50 – 100 lbs. or more
- Must be able to bend and stoop on a regular basis
- Visual and auditory acuity
- Possess a clean driving record and a valid US driver’s license.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org